Family Achievement Center’s Policy on COVID-19
COVID-19 UPDATE: Due to evolving COVID-19 concerns and the State of Minnesota’s recommendations, FAC will REMAIN CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. This is for the safety of our staff, clients, families and our community. We will continue to offer services to our families via a telehealth format. If you are interested in pursuing telehealth for you child, please send us a message.
Please continue to follow us on Facebook for continued updates.
Due to evolving CVOID-19 concerns and the State of Minnesota’s recommendations, FAC will temporarily close Tuesday, March 17th at 7:00 pm. This is for the safety of our staff, clients, families and our community. We will continue to monitor the evolving situation with plans to re-open on Monday, March 30th. Thank you for your understanding and continued support. Please continue to follow us on social media for continued updates.
Dear Family Achievement Center Family and Caregiver:
Family Achievement Center is a mission driven organization committed to providing you and your family the best therapeutic experience possible. Our leadership team has been working diligently on a COVID-19 (Coronavirus) preparedness plan. In light of the recent cases of COVID-19 in Minnesota, Family Achievement Center is taking steps to limit exposure for the safety of our clients, families, and staff. We are closely monitoring information and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and MN Department of Health regarding infection control procedures.
In order to protect you, your child, other clients, and our employees, we request you do the following:
Please call ahead of your appointment if you or your child has:
• Tested positive for or had close exposure to someone who has tested positive to COVID-19
• Recently traveled/had close exposure to someone who has traveled to an area that has a travel ban due to COVID-19
• Been experiencing symptoms of COVID-19:
• Fever/Chills (over 100.4◦ temperature)
• Shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing
Family Achievement Center has always prioritized maintaining a clean and safe environment for the clients we serve. This has included regular disinfection of our equipment and our space. However, in light of the COVID-19 pandemic and recommendations by the CDC and the MN Department of Health, we are taking extra precautions at this time. Additional cleaning and social distancing practices have been implemented including having less people in shared treatment spaces and limiting gym equipment to easily cleanable surfaces.
When you come to your appointment, please be prepared for the following:
• In accordance with the social distancing recommendations put out by the CDC and MN Department of Health:
• We recommend caregivers do not wait in the lobby. The therapist will retrieve and drop off from your car. (Please know, this does not apply to new evaluation appointments)
• If a caregiver needs to be present for a therapy session, only 1 adult and infant(s) may be present in our treatment space
• Your therapist will assist your child in washing their hands at the beginning of every session.
• If your child has a medical condition that prevents use of regular hand soap, please let us know and provide us with an alternative soap/sanitizer
• Your child’s session may end up to 10 minutes early to allow us time to clean equipment and materials.
• Communications regarding sessions will occur via phone or approved email at another time as needed.
Family Achievement Center is committed to providing safe services while maintaining a sense of normalcy for our clients. We appreciate your flexibility during this time.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to Veronica Arens, President or Sarah Yarrington, Vice President. They are available via email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family Achievement Center Leadership Team