COVID-19 Safety Plan
Dear Family Achievement Center Families & Caregivers,
Family Achievement Center is a mission driven organization committed to providing you and your family the best therapeutic experience possible. Our leadership team has been working diligently on a COVID-19 (Coronavirus) preparedness plan. Family Achievement Center is taking many steps to limit exposure for the safety of our clients, families, and staff. We are closely monitoring information and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and MN Department of Health regarding infection control procedures.
At this time, our lobby is closed. Please remain in your car and a therapist will come to your vehicle to obtain a temperature and ask COVID-19 screening questions. If you (parent/caregiver) will be attending the session, you will be required to wear a mask. Please maintain social distancing of 6+ feet and only one caregiver per family in the clinic at a time. If you have a co-pay, they can be paid online, via phone or in your vehicle at the time of your appointment. Your child’s appointment may end up to 10 minutes early to allow us time to clean equipment and materials.
Prior to each therapy session, please know the symptoms of COVID-19 including
• Coughing, fever, shortness of breath, and difficulty breathing
• Muscle aches, sore throat, headache, diarrhea, nausea/vomiting, and runny nose
• New loss of taste or smell
If you develop a fever and symptoms of respiratory illness, DO NOT LEAVE HOME and contact your health-care provider immediately. Do the same thing if you come into close contact with someone showing these symptoms.
• Practice good hygiene & wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If these are not available, use alcohol-based hand rub with at least 60% alcohol.
• Avoid touching your face, eyes, with unwashed hands
• No eating or drinking allowed in the clinic
• Try to use your restroom at home when possible
• Follow appropriate respiratory etiquette, which includes covering coughs and sneezes
Family Achievement Center has always prioritized maintaining a clean and safe envirornment for the clients we servce. This had included regular disinfection of our equipment and our space. However, in light of the COVID-19 pandemic and recommendations by the CDC and MN Departemnt of Health, we are taking extra precautions at this time. Additional cleaning and social distancing practices have been implementated including limiting people in shared treatment spaces and limiting gym equipment to easily cleanable surfaces.
As a clinic, Family Achievement Center has:
• Developed a COVID-19 Exposure Action Plan and provided training to Team Members
• COVID-19 Exposure Action Plan is posted
• Team Members are working from home providing Teletherapy
• FAC conducts meetings by Zoom or conference call/s if possible
• Team Members maintain 6-feet between each other when possible
• Therapists treating in clinic are assigned treatment rooms and will wear masks when around others
• Gym space is assigned and not open to all clients at this time
• All Team Members, Clients, and Caregivers are screened before entering the clinic
• Team Members, Clients, and Caregivers will be asked to leave the clinic and return home if they are showing symptoms
• FAC will provide hand sanitizer and soap. At your child’s appointment, your therapist will assist your child in washing their hands.
• FAC Team Members who are treating and/or assigned cleaning/disinfecting tasks will wear PPE
• Clean and disinfect frequently used toys, therapy equipment, laptop, phones, treatment rooms etc. after each use.
• Clean & disinfect shared spaces such ADL Kitchen, Bathroom, Vestibules, hallways, floors
• Disinfect shared surfaces after each use
• Trash/recycling will be collected daily by someone wearing gloves.
Family Achievement Center is committed to providing safe services while maintaining a sense of normalcy for our clients. We appreciate your flexibility during this time.
If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to Veronica Arens, President at email@example.com/ or Sarah Yarrington, Vice President at firstname.lastname@example.org/.
Family Achievement Center Leadership Team